Colds are very common caused by a type of germ called a 'virus'. These viruses are of many types depending on what virus you have the symptoms of cold changes.
At times, visit to a doctor's clinic is not required and colds usually get better in 3-4 days. The treatment procedure would make you feel better and help you fight off the viruses.
There are certain tips which could be followed that could cure you from the dreadful cold that affects your overall performance and mood at work, home, etc.
1. Ginger tea: Ginger has a unique property that provides warmth to your body and also helps sooth chest block and congestion. A hot cup of ginger tea is a good option to treat common cold symptom.
2. Chicken soup: A hot cup of chicken soup for the non-vegetarians will help open all your senses. We usually don not feel like eating anything while having cold. So a fluid diet would always be a better option.
3. Vitamin C: Vitamin C is recommended for curing cold and flu because of the citrus content it has. It fights the symptoms more effectively.
4. Cetirizine: Cetirizine has got anti-histamine properties (Antihistamines are drugs that treat allergy symptoms). It helps fight all kinds of allergies like itchy nose, eyes, skin allergies. Hence, intake of cetirizine is said to effective for treating common cold conditions.
5. Sleep: At least 9 hours of sleep and rest is a must during cold. Getting enough sleep would itself works well by enhancing the effect of medications you have taken.