Eyeliners are not just make-up, they are a magical tool to highlight your eyes and complement your features. However, not many of us get it right and end up spoiling most of our eye make-up. We list out some ‘cheat codes’ to applying your eyeliner with much ease:
1. Join the dots : If your hands aren’t too steady with the design and you often seem to make a mess, join the dots! Simply begin dotting your eye lid from the outer corner reaching inwards and connect them using a pencil or a roll-on stick.
2. Begin from the corners : Also, begin stroking from the outer corner of your eye. You will have a better hold of the design you want, be it winged, straight or simply thick. The stretching bit is made easier with this technique. Doing this also guides your hand easily to achieve the look you want.
3. Apply eye pencil first : Use a pencil for the basic eye-lining first and then trace the design with liquid liner, to avoid untidiness. A combination of two colours can look glamorous for this.
4. Soften rough eye pencil : Is your eye pencil as rough as sand paper? Soften the tip with a blow dryer for not more than 2-3 seconds. This would help give a smoother finishing.
5. Hide eyeliner mistakes with nude colour : Messed up your eyeliner? Invest in nude eyeliner, and cover those spots. This acts as a concealer in a sleek way for your eye make-up.