Mushrooms belong to the fungi kingdom though it is considered to be a member of vegetable family. They provide us with several important nutrients. Consumption of vegetables and fruits provide us with several important nutrients and minerals.
In India, Button Mushrooms are the most preferable ones that are easily available at any vegetable or gourmet store's vegetable aisle. Given below are some amazing health benefits of mushrooms that we never knew.
1. Mushroom are rich source of vitamin B that proves to be beneficial for the body metabolism and proper functioning of nervous system.
2. They are also best source of Potassium along with some other important minerals. They also helps aid in the maintenance of normal fluid and mineral balance, that also aids in control of blood pressure.
3. Mushrooms are the best food to strengthen the immune system as it has got a naturally occurring amino acid substance called 'ergothioneine' which acts as an important antioxidant too, that helps protect the body cells.
4. Mushrooms have got many of the nutritional attributes that are mostly seen in non-vegetarian foods. Has got the goodness of vitamin D in the produce aisle and one of the few non-fortified food sources that are mostly classified with the vegetable food groups.
5. Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free and very low in sodium, yet they provide several nutrients that are typically found in animal foods or grains.