In order to improve and maintain an overall health, walking 30 minutes on a daily basis would help in great deal and can increase increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance.
Many of the major health ailments such heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and some forms of cancers can be put under control or the risk of developing such disease conditions get reduced.
Unlike other forms of strenuous exercises and physical activities, walking is the most simplest of all and also free of cost, special equipment or training.
It is not necessary that physical activities should be vigorous or strenuous done for long periods of time in order to improve your health. Walking is also a great form of physical exercise for people who are over-weight, elderly or who have not practiced any form of physical exercise in a long time.
Walking is not only limited to strolling around your local neighborhood streets, it can be made even more enjoyable at various clubs, venues and by adopting different strategies as well.
Health benefits of walking:
You could carry or follow your own comfortable style while walking. For example, you carry your own body weight when you walk which is called as weight-bearing exercise.
(1) Improved and increased cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness.
(2) Reduced risk of developing heart disease and stroke.
(3) Improved management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes.
(4) More improved balance and stronger bones.
(5) Enhanced muscle strength and endurance.
(6) Reduced body fat.