Mustard seeds are highly known and prized medicinal as well as culinary that is made in use since earlier times. Being one of the chief oil seeds, mustards are indeed very high in calories; hundred grams of seeds provides 508 calories. Nonetheless, the seeds are made of quality proteins, essential oils vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.
Health benefits of mustard seeds
1. Medicinal uses: Mustard seeds and related oils was traditionally been used to relieve muscle pain, arthritic pain, etc.
2. Cancer treatment: The presence of compounds like glucosinolates and mirosinase in mustard seeds are known to use phytochemicals to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. This is definitely a major mustard seeds health benefit.
3. Migraine: Migraine occurrence also lessens the magnesium content that is found in mustard seeds. Adding a little of mustard to your fish preparation can boost up the already having omega-3 content in it.
4. Respiration congestion: Mustard seeds generally helps relieve any congestion problems during respiration.
5. Nightshades: If you really want to get rid of nightshades then mustards should find a place in your list of daily spices.
6. Disease prevention: There are certain nutrients in mustard seeds that prevent diseases from occurring. They are all a part of the basic structure of the Brassica family to which mustard belongs.
7. Removes foul smell: Warm some water and add it to the jar that has got foul smell. Also add some mustard seed paste to the jar and shake it properly.
8. Treats back pain: The extract of mustard seeds is useful in relieving spasms and back pain.